Friday, June 24, 2011

Hope Rising

 Hope is Rising!

I know you may not feel it; you may not believe it; you may not see it! God calls that faith:
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is not blind, but based on evidence, both inward and outward. Faith is trust in God, His Word and His promises. When we know God and take sanctuary under His protection and guidance, our hope begins to rise. You may have been beat down, used and abused, cheated, wronged, hurt and jerked around. All your dreams may have come crashing down and when you hit the floor and look around; you can't find a friend in sight. This is when hope flees and despair comes knocking.

Feeling weak and hopeless is nothing new to the human existence. God wants you to trust Him (even if a little at first) and pull back from your fears and unbelief. You have tried everything you know to do and it hasn't worked; what do you have to lose by giving God a chance in your life? That's the overwhelming message from God: COME TO ME! Jesus - is the doorway to God.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

God is in the restoration business. Restoring a broken world to Himself. Restoring life, salvation, relationship, blessing and hope. Through Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection, you too can be restored to God. Start with a simple prayer of faith leading to salvation:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”
 
Psalm 147:11 The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him,In those who hope in His mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment